Our focus is to foster collaboration and connection.
HOW WE GET THERE
CAPPA membership spans a multitude of professional fields and academic backgrounds. The Networking Subcommittee seeks to facilitate interdisciplinary dialogue and create partnerships both between our individual members and with other professional organizations. We keep members updated about upcoming conferences and presentation opportunities, and create space to discuss collaborations and joint proposals. We also plan CAPPA social events at conferences and maintain a system of liaisons with other national associations.
In addition, the Networking Subcommittee seeks to foster a sense of community within the field and to provide pathways for members to energize, focus, and balance. We do this through cultivating mentorship and interpersonal relationships, providing opportunities and ideas for self-care, and distributing positive and encouraging content.
CURRENT ACTIVITIES & GOALS
1. Update listserv/Facebook about upcoming conferences and submission deadlines
2. Encourage collaboration between members for conference proposals and submissions.
3. Plan social and debriefing events for national conferences
4. Explore methods to support members in prioritizing self-care and balance
5. Determine preliminary structure for additional roles within Networking Committee
6. Assess additional needs and expectations as shared by members, particularly those interested in the Networking Subcommittee
ConferenceWatch: Our coordinated effort to let you know about learning opportunities, and keep track of all the awesome work members do. Send us info about your upcoming conferences and presentations, so we can celebrate you and let all of CAPPA know what they should attend!
Join ConnectCAPPA: We need solidarity to achieve an end to violence. To create community and partnerships among members, despite the vast geographic and professional landscape that we as professionals occupy, we’ve created this matching program! You’ll be paired with another CAPPA member based on the type of connection you are looking for - a mentor/mentee, a
colleague on the other side of the country, or just a person who gets it with whom you can chat about the complexities of our work! Email Connie via firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Don’t forget to read the Participant Guidelines.