Legislative Advocacy Committee
The mission of the CAPPA Legislative Committee is to track current state and federal legislation that impacts the work of campus based advocates and prevention specialists and provide education CAPPA members on legislation. Legislation includes but is not limited to legislation regarding campus response and education regarding interpersonal/gender based violence in all its forms (dating and domestic violence, sexual assault, harassment and stalking.
1. Establish and review methods for tracking current state and federal legislation.
2. Identify and track current state and federal legislation.
3. Provide legislative updates to the members of CAPPA.
4. Review and provide strategies to the membership of CAPPA on how to provide legislative advocacy at both the state and federal level.
5. To make recommendations to the larger membership on positions related to legislation.
6. Draft position papers on different legislation efforts.
7. Represent CAPPA in meetings with legislators.